The Georgia Department of Economic Development (GDEcD)
Marketing Communications and International Relations Divisions
Internship Description: Fall Semester, 2017
The Marketing Communications and International Relations intern will work with the Department’s Account Managers and International Relations teams applying principles learned in school through practical hands-on work assignments in international and domestic marketing and communications, project management, event planning, protocol and international business acumen. This internship provides an opportunity to learn about all aspects of economic development, from traditional manufacturing investment to film and tourism, and will support planning for international missions and visitors.
- Collaborate on designing, editing and reviewing marketing material
- Support marketing campaigns
- Organize and draft briefing books for senior staff
- Compose social media for external communications
- Assist protocol division in welcoming visiting delegations and planning international travel
- Draft official correspondence on behalf of the Governor’s office and the Department of
- Economic Development leadership
- Conduct company, city, regional and cultural research for trade missions
- Event Planning
- Coordinate logistics for incoming VIP delegation visits, trade shows, conferences and other events
The Ideal Candidate
- is working towards a bachelor’s or master’s degree in international business, public relations,
- marketing, communications or a closely related field
- is highly attentive to detail, writes clearly and compellingly, has an understanding of basic
- marketing and branding concepts, is exceedingly responsible and reliable, can multi-task and has
- a high degree of self-initiative.
- Foreign language ability and experience living abroad is a bonus.
What’s in it for you?
- Work on meaningful projects with the No.1 state-level economic development agency in the U.S.
- (Ranked four years in a row)
- Collaborate on high-level, international projects which lead to job creation in Georgia
- Develop skills in a variety of workplace tools including Adobe Creative Suite, Basecamp,
- Constant Contact, Salesforce and the research database Hoover’s
- Build your network with Georgia’s economic development and international business
Please submit cover letter and resume to Dee Ford at email@example.com by July 14, 2017