International Development Enterprises (iDE) is a global development organization that works with governments, individuals, and other groups to develop long-lasting solutions to poverty. iDE has directly impacted more than 33.3 million people across Asia, Africa, and Central America. The Global Business Development (GBD) Department leads in securing funding to grow the organization as a whole. GBD leads on efforts to secure funds through proposals submitted to bilateral government development agencies and multilateral development agencies. iDE is seeking one or more qualified, capable, and hard-working individuals to work at the headquarters office in Denver, Colorado supporting the GBD team. Interns are required to work 20 hours per week, though iDE would prefer greater availability for a minimum of three months with a preference for a longer contract. There is the possibility of some remote work, but interns must be able to be present in the office at least two days a week. This opportunity is unpaid.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until the positions are filled.
- Research funding opportunities and potential donors. This will include reviewing, vetting, and disseminating relevant information to staff.
- Support knowledge management activities, including data entry in Salesforce, organization of folders on the organization’s shared server, managing spreadsheets for tracking of live proposals, keeping meeting notes, etc.
- Provide support in preparing proposals, including writing, formatting, condensing, editing, etc.
- Support quarterly reporting to donors including editing and tracking report submissions
- Identify upcoming relevant conferences and support staff in preparing presentations.
- Review and in some cases translate documents in Spanish, French or Portuguese, as possible.
- Other support functions as agreed upon with your supervisor, including designing communications for individual donors, supporting event planning, supporting the preparation of materials for the board of directors, etc.
- Excellent writing, editing, and formatting skills
- Strong organizational skills and proven ability to pay attention to detail and move projects along according to schedule
- Excellent communication capabilities
- Experience conducting internet research
- Skilled in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with Salesforce is favorable.
- Self-motivated, capable of multi-tasking, and a team player
- Grant writing experience preferred
- BA/MA in International Relations, International Development, English, or similar field preferred
- Foreign language ability is favorable
- Enthusiastic with a sincere interest in the goals of the organization
- Research Intern. Experience in econometric/statistical analysis of project/research results and ability to assist in developing academic research papers.
For more information and to apply, click here.