The Delegation of the European Union in the United States is seeking trainees for spring 2023. We are seeking young, diverse graduate students with at least a bachelor’s degree and less than one year professional experience. Candidates must U.S. citizens or citizens of an EU Member State and cannot have already benefitted from previous traineeship or employment experience with any EU institution.
The Call for Trainees can be found at:
This is a full-time, funded traineeship with positions available at our office in Washington, DC and our EU Office in San Francisco. Positions are available in the following sections of the EU Delegation to the United States of America:
- Traineeship in the Economic and Financial Affairs section (ECFIN)
- Traineeship in the Global Issues and Innovation section (GIN)
- Traineeship in the Political, Security and Development section (PSD)
- Traineeship in the Press and Public Diplomacy section (PPD)
- Traineeship with the Foreign Policy Instruments Team (FPI) (a subunit of the Press and Public Diplomacy section)
- Traineeship in the Trade and Agriculture section (TRADE)
- Traineeship in the EU Office in San Francisco (SAN FRANCISCO)
This is an excellent opportunity for students and young professionals interested in gaining experience in international affairs and working in a fast paced diplomatic setting.
We invite you to share this call with your networks and any candidates who might be interested in a traineeship.
The deadline for applications is 5 December 2022.
Do not hesitate to share my contact information (Sergio.Lopez@eeas.europa.eu) with anyone who might have additional questions about the program.
Outreach Officer/Intern Coordinator
Delegation of the European Union to the United States