Agriculture and Economic Growth Internship (Remote)
Practice area(s): Agriculture and Food Security
Location(s): Arlington, VA; Burlington, VT; USA
Hire Type(s): US-Based Applicant
Experience: 1-5 Years
Tetra Tech International Development is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for an Intern for our Agriculture and Economic Growth (AEG) Sector. This Agriculture and Economic Growth Intern will learn about and support program implementation and new business development, primarily for USAID-funded projects. This internship can help start a successful career in development, building skillsets, expanding networks, and providing real-world experience in this challenging but rewarding work.
This internship is paid and hours are flexible, between 24-40 per week for three to six months The staff person will be based REMOTELY, reporting to staff in Burlington, VT.
What You’ll Be Doing:
* Support capture plan research teams and update new business tracking tools
* Develop communications tools, success stories, short videos and project tweets
* Provide AEG marketing and communications support, including updating the sector page on the Tetra Tech website
* Review project reports to identify lessons learned, best practices and improve knowledge management
* Assist Sector Director or sector staff with tasks as needed
* Recently completed or in progress Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in agriculture, economic development, business management, or related field;
* At least one year of work experience desired, including some work or volunteerism overseas;
* Demonstrated understanding of, academic excellence in, and desire to pursue a career in agriculture, economics, project management, or international relations strongly preferred;
* Knowledge of international donor development projects, especially USAID-funded projects, highly desired;
* Speaking and reading proficiency in at least one foreign language highly desired (especially Spanish and/or French);
* Experience in MS Office Suite, with understanding of SharePoint desirable;
* Ability to legally work in the US without employer sponsorship.
For more information and to apply visit https://careers.tetratechintdev.com/IDSCareers/App/PostingDetail.aspx?PostingId=4378