APSIA seeks a Communications and Marketing Graduate Fellow. The fellow will assist staff in promotion of the APSIA network and professional international affairs education.
Location: Fellows can be based in any location; authorization to work in the United States required.
Compensation: $16 / hour for 10 hours per week
What you will do for APSIA:
- Arrange Facebook Live and Instagram Live broadcasts on relevant topics. Content will be particularly aimed at prospective APSIA students worldwide, including those unrepresented in international affairs.
- Develop short videos on topics relevant to students worldwide based on existing APSIA content. Create graphics to accompany the videos that can be shared on social media as needed.
- Develop or identify engaging content which supports APSIA’s brand messaging for use on APSIA’s social media channels. Content should be easily accessible by audiences worldwide.
- Amplify the content created by APSIA members, including content not in English.
- Analyze data to suggest locations for increased APSIA marketing. Create marketing plans for target locations.
- Identify sponsorship and advertising opportunities outside North America to increase APSIA’s brand awareness in Africa, Asia-Pacific, Europe, and South America
- Support the creation of content for APSIA
- Other duties as assigned.
What you bring to APSIA
- Current graduate student at or recent graduate of an APSIA member school
- Experience with MS-Office Suite, Canva, WordPress, MailChimp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, social media scheduling tools (ex: Hootsuite), and related tools required.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere Pro, and/or related graphic and video editing tools strongly preferred. NOTE: APSIA does not currently have access to Adobe or related design software.
- Basic HTML helpful.
- Experience with marketing, design, public relations, public communications, or related tasks in a voluntary or professional capacity.
- Demonstrated excellence in oral and written communication skills in English. Additional language skills, particularly the major languages of Europe or Asia, a strong plus.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask with minimal supervision required.
- Eligibility to work in the United States.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to Executive Director Carmen Mezzera at apsia AT apsia.org with the subject Marketing Fellowship_FamilyName. Please include desired beginning and end dates in your cover letter. Apply by May 20, 2022.