The Association of Professional Schools of International Affairs (APSIA) is seeking a Data and Analysis Fellow to work with the APSIA Staff to collect information and conduct statistical analysis. The main goal of this fellow is to describe and forecast trends in data as related to APSIA member’s experiences. The location for this internship is flexible, but applicants must have the right to work in the United States. APSIA is unable to sponsor visas. Compensation is $16 per hour for 10 hours per week.
The deadline to apply for this position is August 18, 2021.
- Help administer 8+ surveys per year to collect APSIA members’ admissions, employment, and other benchmarking data
- Monitor results of each survey to ensure significant samples of responses
- Confirm accuracy of responses provided to each survey
- Process and format results of each survey
- Analyze results of each survey for trends
- Create reports on each survey’s results and trends
- Conduct comparative analyses with earlier APSIA data; clean up old data as needed
- Conduct comparative analyses with other organizations’ data
- Provide feedback to standardize surveys and data collection
- Current student at an APSIA member school; those who have graduated no more than one year ago are also eligible for this program
- Experience conducting quantitative research and analysis required.
- Coursework related to quantitative analysis is strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with SurveyMonkey, Excel, and similar information collection technologies.
- Eligibility to work in the United States.
- Experience in trends analysis or trends forecasting is strongly preferred.
- Understanding of data collection in a higher education context is preferred.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to Executive Director Carmen Mezzera at email@example.com using the subject line “Data Fellowship_LastName”. Please include desired beginning and end dates in the cover letter.