Purpose of the Role
The Career Connections Intern supports the planning and implementation of Global Ties U.S. Career Connections professional development programming designed for U.S. citizen exchange program alumni (ExchangeAlumni). This includes webinars, online courses, and administrative and logistical support for in-person Career Connections programs. The Career Connections Intern works closely with the Career Connections Program Manager and may also support other Global Ties U.S. staff when needed.
This internship is geared toward candidates seeking a career in instructional design or educational program management, specifically within the nonprofit or international exchanges field. The ideal candidate should possess relevant experience, be meticulous in their attention to detail, and be comfortable using (or be comfortable learning to use) learning management and event software and systems.
Global Ties U.S. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity in experience, background, and perspective, and encourage applicants of diverse or unique perspectives to apply to our internships. Applicants should feel free to identify their unique talents, strengths and experiences in this area. Read more about our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion here.
- Assisting with Career Connections event planning and implementation
- Assisting with online training content creation
- Writing and editing program and event materials
- Attendee and registrant management
- Enrolled as a student during the internship period
- Background in adult education, international education, exchange programming, social science, event planning, or related fields
- Desire to pursue a career in project management, public diplomacy, and/or international affairs
- Experience in tutoring, teaching, training, or event support is preferred
- Interest in developing online learning content (e.g. test online courses, line edit scripts, develop quizzes/activities)
- Strong writing, editing, communication, and organizational skills
- Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and virtual meeting software (e.g. Zoom Webinars)
- Experience in other platforms such as Articulate 360, Bridge LMS, Salesforce, and WordPress are a plus
- Learning opportunities to engage with the U.S. Department of State and other international exchange partners.
- Mentorship from Global Ties U.S. staff
- $3,000 stipend
- Academic credit and ability to meet other academic program requests
- Well-rounded experience in all aspects of project and event implementation and adult education training development work.