“The SSI is a paid summer fellowship program ($2,500) for rising college seniors. This program is designed for U.S. citizens interested in pursuing a graduate degrees and a career in IT, data analytics, or cyber security. Our goal is to offer the internship to as many as 25 students for the 2017 cohort.
CMU’s Heinz College is home to the most well regarded master’s programs in IT Management and Information Security in the world. A unique aspect of our cyber security curriculum is that it is relevant for not only technologists but also for students from all backgrounds with a sincere interest in IT security and policy.
The 2017 Application Deadline is March 1, 2017.
SSI provides an opportunity for participants to engage in this unique academic and experiential environment. Participants will:
- Study with the world’s leading security, analytics and policy researchers, including the CERT division of the Software Engineering Institute
- Take three specialized courses over the summer at CMU focusing on security policy and technology implementation as well as engage in an interactive colloquium addressing issues facing security professionals.
- Work with a real-world client (from the local government or non-profit sectors) on a cyber security-related project
Students who complete SSI and are later admitted to a master’s program at Heinz College will be eligible to receive a scholarship of at least 50% of tuition.
IT Lab: SSI 2017 Details
- PRIORITY Deadline: December 1, 2016 (receive decision by mid-January)
- Final Application Deadline: March 1, 2017
- Dates: June 9, 2016 to July 29, 2017
- Financial Support: Heinz College will cover all costs of participation in the IT Lab program. This includes the costs of housing, meals, tuition, books, supplies, social functions, and travel expenses to and from Pittsburgh AND a $1000 stipend.
Applicants should carefully review the IT Lab: SSI- Application Process prior to submitting the application for admission.”
Information on the CMU IT Lab: SSI program is available here.
For questions, contact David Eber, Director of Admissions (412-268-3347 or email@example.com).