Provide professional level support to CEISMC’s Educational Research & Evaluation Team in conducting and reporting results of educational research studies associated with program evaluation. Includes coordination and organization of research documents, collection of data through surveys and observations, coding of qualitative data, and basic level of statistical data analysis.
Impact & Influence:
This position will interact on a consistent basis with CEISMC’s Evaluation Team, research faculty, K-12 school personnel, and K-12 students.
Key Responsibilities: Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with collecting research data through classroom observations, interviews, surveys, tests, etc.
- Compiling, organizing, and inputting research data in the form of K-12 student work, audio and videotaped interviews, surveys, and test results
- Assisting with conducting basic statistical analyses of quantitative research data
- Participating in preparation of reports, presentations, and manuscripts
- Assisting when needed with coordination and implementation of evaluation/data collection plans
- Performing other related duties as assigned
Education, Specialized Knowledge and Experience: Degrees required for this job
- Undergraduate degree
- Graduate Student Status Years of experience required for this job: Two years job-related experience
Specialized Skills (Required)
- Highly organized with close attention to detail
- Working knowledge and experience with the principles and practices of social science research
- Experience with qualitative data collection and analysis
- Skill in data organization, management, and evaluation
- Understanding of basic statistics and experience with statistical analysis of data
- Basic Understanding of SPSS software
- Competence with Microsoft Excel
Specialized Skills (Preferred)
- Experience working in a research lab or group, especially working with human subjects and/or behavioral research
The position will be available during summer 2023 (starting June 1st, ending August 1st) and work will be in person on Georgia Tech’s Atlanta campus.
This position is contingent upon funding. If you are interested in the position, please forward your resume and a cover letter to Katie Boice, email@example.com.
You may be interacting with minors and must adhere to all regulatory compliance issues while working with CEISMC including but not limited to a criminal background check, appropriate prescreening and training on working with minors.