The Center for Global Security Research (CGSR) at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) is seeking applicants for spring and/or summer 2023 research associates (RAs). The application closes January 28, 2023. The job description and requirements are on the application site: https://www.llnl.gov/join-our-team/careers/find-your-job/all/all/3743990000876356.
CGSR offers master’s and PhD students or recent graduates the opportunity to lead a research project that aligns with a thrust area of the center; to work closely with the center’s postdoctoral and senior fellows to plan workshops and support their research; and to engage with mentors on career pathways and professional development. RAs are paid and have the option to work onsite or remote. We are looking for RAs that focus on any of the following topics:
- Nuclear deterrence
- Arms control
- Emerging technologies
- Energy security
- Climate change
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited university and actively pursuing a graduate degree or have completed a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a field of research aligned with CGSR or LLNL analytic priorities. Areas of study include international relations and/or security, political science, economics, public policy, emerging technologies, non-proliferation, energy and/or climate studies, biosecurity, foreign language studies, or related fields.
- Demonstrated academic and/or professional achievement in a relevant field of research aligned with CGSR or LLNL analytic priorities.
- Demonstrated record of independent research and publication, or a strong proposal of research to be done while at CGSR and in future academic and professional settings.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience working with computers and familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.