UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. Defending children’s rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfil their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
We are seeking an international intern to support in Justice for Children, Child Online Protection and updating documentation of child protection programme of UNICEF China. 4 months (with possibility to extend to 6 months).
Expected starting date: 1 March 2018.
- Conduct literature reviews on policies and laws related to justice for children and child online protection
- Assist in updating the relevant webpages on child protection on the UNICEF China website
- Assist in developing short briefing papers on the programmes implemented by the Child Protection Section
- Other knowledge management tasks as required
- University students: Completed at least two years of full-time studies at a university or equivalent institution towards the completion of an undergraduate degree or university graduate with major in law, preferably in child rights and family and child law.
- Previous internship with another UN agency or NGO desired.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent communication and writing skills and a strong team player.
If you recognise yourself from the above and wish to make a difference for every child, please send a Cover Letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply online through www.unicef.org/employ (requisition 510409). The deadline for receipt of applications is 7 February 2018.