We have multiple internship opportunities available. By applying to this posting, you will be considered for internship opportunities within this area.These internships will be located in the ATL area. The selected interns will be expected to join us in the office on a regular cadence based on the intern managers in office schedule. This could include, but is not limited to: CNN Health
CNN Health is the health and medical news team at CNN. The correspondents, producers, writers and editors provide content to all CNN platforms on the latest breaking news and medical research. We report, write and produce stories for TV and Digital, and collaborate with other units throughout the network.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Candidates should be passionate about news, self-motivated and able to multitask. They need to have a good attitude and be able to function well in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
• Writing experience with work samples, including published bylines, is required.
• A keen understanding of how to spot and tell a great news story.
• Knowledge or experience in health news or the field of health and science is a plus
• Must be actively enrolled in a U.S. accredited college or university degree program for the full duration of the internship (proof of enrollment required)
• Must be a rising Junior, Senior or Graduate Student (18 years or older)
• Must be in academic good standing (2.8 or above GPA)
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States. U.S. International students must hold an F1 Visa to be considered.
What to Know Before Applying:
• The duration of the program is 10-12 weeks dependent on the student’s availability based on semester schedule
○ Program date options:
- Start Date: June 5th or June 12th
- End Date: August 18th or August 25th
• Interns will be expected to work 35-40 hours per week in a hybrid capacity.
• Our internships are paid opportunities with a competitive hourly wage. Credit is not required; however, we will provide the necessary documentation for school credit if desired. Relocation is not provided.
Interviewing will take place from February through mid-April. A WBD team member will contact you if your experiences and interests match an open internship position. Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to give individual status updates.
Interested? APPLY HERE NOW!