How you’ll help us Keep Climbing (overview & key responsibilities)
- Maintains up-to-date and deep understanding of worldwide threat dynamics and trends, including those related to terrorism, violent crime, narcotics smuggling and civil unrest.
- Collects, assesses and assists in the dissemination of intelligence analysis products for Delta stakeholders including communications to crews, security assessments for new station openings, and intelligence support for special events.
- Uses understanding of worldwide security environment to prioritize, filter, and assess credibility of open-source intelligence reports and sources.
- Collects and manages intelligence data to feed into station risk assessment program, suspicious activity reporting program, and other intelligence-based security risk assessment programs.
- Supports the team by developing reports and other products to manage and assess performance of security programs.
- Presents results of analysis and other products to Management.
- Conducts briefings/presentations as necessary. Practices safety conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
- Supports liaison and engagement efforts with government partners, industry counterparts and private intelligence vendors.
- Supports regulatory requirements associated with military charters.
- Works on ad-hoc projects as assigned by manager.
What you need to succeed (minimum qualifications)
- Must be currently pursuing a BA/BS or graduate degree in History, Economics, International Relations, Government, Political Science, Security Studies or related field.
- Familiarity with US government security policy and organizational structure/relationship among Federal agencies and relevant State/local law enforcement organizations.
- Understanding of trends in worldwide security environment, particularly regarding terrorism/counterterrorism and the aviation industry.
- Strong writing skills are essential.
- Must have strong analytical skills as well as a high degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word/Excel/PowerPoint).
- Familiarity with social media analysis and data collection tools a plus.
- Ability to manage several responsibilities at once with little supervision, including making challenging judgment calls in the absence of senior leaders.
- Ability to independently develop both internal and external networks.
- Must seek challenging, analytical work and must possess the ability to communicate detailed analytical data through oral and written means to all levels of management.
- Domestic and international travel possible.
- Should work well in a team environment and possess a high degree of initiative and drive.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based job, if not currently employed by Delta Air Lines, Inc.
- Demonstrates that privacy is a priority when handling personal data.
- Embraces a diverse set of people, thinking and styles.
- Consistently makes safety and security, of self and others, the priority.
Learn more and apply here.