IGD seeks a Communications Intern to assist IGD’s Communications Coordinator in enhancing the IGD brand and visibility as well as the implementation of various communications projects.
- Assist with communications outreach, focusing on building relationship with all media to increase IGD’s media presence
- Generate ideas and produce original editorial contents (blogs, photo stories etc.) about IGD’s events, programs and members
- Proof and edit official IGD documents, articles, and other tasks relating to writing and editing
- Contribute ideas for IGD strategic communications strategy, media projects, and digital campaigns
- Curate contents for IGD digital magazine and weekly media digest. Stay abreast of news and events relating to IGD’s areas of works
- Track analytics for website and all social media channels and report on ROI
- Compile and organize IGD’s database of important supporters and amplifiers
- Organize IGD videos and collect quotes from IGD’s members
- Assist in video production and event planning as needed
- Assist with management of website and email lists technology
- Assist with design of IGD collaterals and marketing materials
- Attend events, produce summary reports and publish high-quality articles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to understand and effectively convey messages about IGD’s works to business audience
- Demonstrated time management skills to meet deadlines while managing multiple tasks
- Excellent team player and preference for collaborative work
- Creative and positive problem-solver, comfortable with out-of-the-box thinking. Ability to solve unstructured problems with little oversight
- Willingness to assist IGD’s staff in daily tasks to accomplish projects and manage events
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred; preferably in communications, English, business, finance, international relations, or a related field.
- Knowledge of Africa is a great advantage
- Strong skillset in Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Experience with Adobe Design Suite software (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects), Final Cut Pro, WordPress, Mailchimp and/or HTML/CSS/Java is a strong plus
- This is a full-time Summer internship from June – August. IGD is seeking an intern to start as soon as possible.
- A stipend of $500/month will be provided.
- Position is based in Washington, DC.
- Reports to Communications Coordinator.
- IGD is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
The Initiative for Global Development (IGD) works to drive global poverty reduction by advancing catalytic business growth and investment in the developing world. We bring together an influential network of CEOs and senior executives with the interest and capacity to make strategic investments in high-need, high-potential regions, with a current focus on Africa. Working together, IGD fosters global connections, shares frontier market knowledge and insight, and promotes business-driven development to create economic growth and opportunity that improves the lives of the poor.
How to apply
Send a resumé and cover letter that addresses how your background and skills relate to the position email@example.com with “Communications Intern” and your last name in the subject line; please include your last name in the filename of all attachments.