The Wade Walker Park Family YMCA in Stone Mountain, GA, is currently seeking a Communications Intern for summer 2017. The internship has been proposed for class credit in the school of Literature, Media and Communications, but all majors are welcome to apply. Applicants should be familiar with several social media technologies (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube) and Microsoft Office Suite (including Publisher). Candidates who are able to blog are preferred, and experience editing and producing videos for commercial production is a plus.
Under the direction of the Day Camp Director, the Communications Intern is responsible for ensuring that all communications are prepared with the Y voice and cause focus. This includes executing a communications plan, managing social media communications, writing media releases, planning events and promoting branch programs and activities. All duties must be performed in accordance with the policies, goals, mission, values and objectives established by the YMCA of Metropolitan Atlanta.
1. Must be at least 18 years of age.
2. Exemplify YMCA values, leadership qualities and a professional image
3. Excellent written and oral communication skills
4. Experience with print and social media
5. Ability to handle multiple tasks, work independently, problem solve and possess effective time management skills 6. Pass mandatory State of GA criminal background check
7. Pass mandatory drug test
1. Execute communications plan for the summer day camp program.
2. Write and produce weekly day camp communication piece – imovie, newsletter, etc.
3. Write and post 3 Facebook posts daily with pictures aligning with the brand of the Y.
4. Create and send weekly welcome emails on Fridays and end of the week thank you emails to camper parents.
5. Promote branch programs and activities. 6. Assist in planning of summer day camp special events.
7. Attend and participate in meetings and activities pertaining to areas of responsibility.
8. Other duties as assigned.