At CSIS, interns participate in a variety of activities that support individual programs/departments, including research, writing and project development. In addition, interns will participate in programs offered by the Abshire-Inamori Leadership Academy (AILA), the in-house leadership development program at CSIS.
CSIS offers full and part-time internships in the fall, spring and summer for undergraduates, graduate students, and recent graduates. Internships at CSIS are paid. Foreign nationals must have employment authorization in the United States and supporting documents to receive internship payments.
- Must be at least a college junior in good standing or a recent graduate.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Foreign nationals must have employment authorization, as CSIS does not sponsor visas for interns.
CSIS hosts interns on a semester basis Spring (January – May), Summer (June – August), and Fall (September – December). Due to volume, we can only accept applications for the positions listed on our career page.
Typically, you will find that Summer internship opportunities are posted in February, Fall internships are posted in July, and Spring internships are posted in October.
CSIS programs post their intern opportunities as they refine their plans, so please check regularly for intern opportunities. CSIS only accepts applications sent electronically through the online applicant tracking system. We do not accept direct mailings or in-person paper submissions.
- Intern, Southeast Asia Program
- Intern, Americas Program
- Intern, Missile Defense Project
- Intern, Global Food Security Program
- Intern, Defense-Industrial Initiatives Group
- Intern, Australia Chair
- Intern, Aerospace Security Project
- President’s Office Intern, Strategic Planning
- Outreach Intern, Project on Nuclear Issues