CSIS Russia and Eurasia Program Fall 2015 Internship
The CSIS Russia and Eurasia Program (hereinafter REP) seeks individuals with a strong background and interest in Russia and Eurasia as a whole. REP projects involve ongoing analysis of the economic, political and social developments in Eurasia as a whole, Russia, Central Asia, the South Caucasus, Ukraine, and the rest of the former Soviet Union. Other areas of research focus include evolving integration processes and trade and transit networks in Eurasia, energy politics, Russian defense and high-technology, and Russia’s pivot to Asia.
The internship start date is September 1, 2015 and end date is December 23, 2015. Please, note that the program will prioritize full-time applicants but will consider part-time applicants as well. Deadline for submitting internship applications is August 17, 2015. Selected applicants will be notified by August 24, 2015. Due to high volume of applications, REP will be unable to contact unsuccessful applicants. The internship is unpaid but a transportation stipend in the amount of $60 will be issued monthly to the interns. Need-based financial aid is available on case-by-case basis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Providing research and writing support to Russia and Eurasia program staff and compiling daily summaries of regional news.
- Editing, proofreading, and translating publications.
- Assisting in the staffing and planning of REP events.
- Managing REP web content, social media, and REP newsletters.
- Performing various administrative and office management tasks as necessary.
KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Russian language ability (equivalent to at least 2 semesters of University level training) is preferred.
- Candidates must be enrolled in a related program, or have related experience and background of at least two years.
- Excellent research and writing skills that will allow a candidate to gather and synthesize large amounts of information accurately and quickly.
- Must be detail-oriented, well-organized, with the ability to manage multiple projects & priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team environment.
- One to two years of office experience and proficiency with entire Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Able to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, and creativity to changing needs and situations.
Interested applicants, please apply here.