IFC—a member of the World Bank Group (WBG) —is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries.
The Information Technology Department (CIT)
is seeking a Data Analyst as part of our efforts to expand opportunity to underrepresented demographics in International Development. This Internship offers highly motivated individuals an opportunity to be exposed to the mission and work within IFC and the broader World Bank Group and become part of the largest private sector development institution in the world. The program encourages individuals to bring new perspectives and innovative ideas to IFC’s work, while improving skills in a diverse and highly stimulating environment. Moreover, the Internship provides a unique opportunity to exchange ideas and network with international professionals dedicated to ending extreme poverty and boosting prosperity in the developing world.
Duties and Accountabilities
- Profitability reporting
- Engage with IT and business SMEs to integrate data and discover and implement actionable insights
- Analyze data using SQL, R/Python • Work with reporting tools like Business Objects, Tableau or Power BI for data visualization
- Understand financial data sets and help explore new tools and techniques to provide predictive insights.
- • Candidates must be currently enrolled in a Masters’ degree level program with expected graduation date after December 1st, 2023 in order to be eligible.
- Field of study in Accounting, Finance, Mathematics, Data Science, or other relevant discipline.
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Advanced skills in Tableau, Power BI, and Excel. Your Additional Characteristics:
- Superior work ethics and professionalism • Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task • Strong verbal, written, and communication skills
- Resourceful, self-motivated, enthusiastic team player
- Outstanding analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills
Please note that this position allows Virtual AND/OR In-Person work, in accordance with the health and safety guidelines that may be prescribed by the WBG. Only those who have been fully vaccinated, and who can provide evidence of vaccination, are permitted at IFC headquarters at this time.
To Apply: click here.
Send your CV, your recent portfolio, and a brief summary of your interest to SimmieRay Niang-Dinkins (SNiangDinkins@ifc.org) by April 15, 2022. When submitting your interest, please indicate job title “Data Analyst Internship” in the subject line.