Dentons Global Advisors (DGA) / Albright Stonebridge Group (ASG) is seeking an Intern to work under the Special Economic Zones (SEZ) practice group. The intern will perform a range of activities – from policy research and analysis to administrative functions. This is an excellent position for anyone looking to help develop new policy concepts, conduct research, gain experience with client advisory work, and support the overall functioning of the practice. This role has the opportunity and expectation to transition to an Associate role.
An overview of the SEZ practice group
The SEZ practice group is a new team of creative experts in public policy, political economy, and law who help clients design and re-shape institutions governing cities, special economic zones (SEZs), and new policy experiments. The group works across multiple policy areas and geographical regions of the world helping clients develop or amend laws, policies, and organizational structures. Its primary clients include:
- Investors and developers of new cities and SEZs.
- Governments pursuing economic development, policy reform, and decentralization projects.
- NGOs, think tanks, and inter-governmental organizations working on projects related to the group’s expertise.
While serving clients on their projects, the GR-SEZ practice also serves as a policy laboratory – developing innovative solutions for addressing major challenges at the local, state/province, national, and international levels. Team members have the opportunity to apply knowledge ordinarily reserved for universities and research institutes — including ideas from the fields of constitutional law and political economics — to help our clients achieve their objectives and serve the broader public interest.
As an Intern within the SEZ Practice, you would work closely with the practice lead to assist with both administrative tasks and on substantive projects. To perform well in this position, you would need to have:
- In-depth research and analysis on key people, companies, institutions, current events, and other issues of interest to the firm.
- Drafting briefing memos, talking points, background materials, and press releases.
- Assisting with administrative tasks as they arise, including, but not limited to editing of documents; setting up for events; assist with scheduling, expense reporting, and other administrative needs of the practice.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Must be either currently pursuing, or have recently completed, an undergraduate or graduate-level program. Undergraduate applicants must be at least a senior.
- Must demonstrate strong research, analysis, and writing abilities, including effective slide decks.
- Must be able to balance multiple assignments and shift priorities on short notice.
- Experience and ability to work independently.
- An ability to translate complex and technical concepts into easily understandable visual diagrams and text.
- Strong skills as a writer, with a demonstrated ability to copy edit written technical writing to enhance clarity and improve grammar and style.
Timeline of Internship:
- The internship period will be from March 2023, through June 2023 with an option to extend through the summer.
Applicants can apply on our career’s website: www.albrightstonebridge.com
Please upload a cover letter and writing sample along with a resume. Include all documents in one PDF attachment – cover letter, writing sample, and resume.