“Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
Interns will serve in DHS Headquarters in the Office of Intelligence and Analysis (I&A) and in the El Paso Intelligence Center. I&A is responsible for producing and delivering predictive intelligence and analysis to operators and decision-makers at all levels, including the leadership and Components of DHS, the Intelligence Community, and state, local, tribal, territorial and private sector partners.
I&A is a member of the US Intelligence Community and conducts the full range of intelligence functions, including collection and analysis. I&A focuses on providing our customers and partners with predictive intelligence and analytic products and services that, include but is not limited to the following:
- enhance customer understanding of, and response to, threats to aviation security;
- increase operational effectiveness against threats to the security of our borders;
- improve the integrity of cyber networks, and inform operators and decision-makers on effective means to counter violent extremism.
Key points of our program:
- Candidates must be current degree-seeking undergraduate or graduate students. Graduating seniors who intend to enroll directly in graduate school are eligible to apply.
- Candidates must have at least a 3.0 GPA.
- Summer interns are expected to work full-time (40 hours) for at least 10 weeks; Annual interns, local to the National Capital Region, are expected to work part-time in consultation with their supervisor.
- In addition to performing office duties, interns participate in lectures and field trips to develop a greater appreciation of DHS and the IC. Summer 2016 field trips included visiting the WRTAC, the NCCIC, the NOC, the National Targeting Center and Mt. Weather.
- Interns may perform rotations across I&A as part of their experience.
- Interns are PAID!
- Interns may be converted to full-time employment based on performance and available billets.”
Applications are open from now until October 26th. Apply at https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/452521100