CARE is seeking an Education Team intern based out of their Atlanta, GA office.
CARE’s education programs increase access to quality education for marginalized children, particularly adolescent girls living in fragile and conflict-affected settings. Working with governments and communities, we provide tailored solutions to students facing multiple barriers to education to acquire relevant skills, creating opportunities for positive transitions to secondary school and dignified livelihoods. Our integrated approach is based on extensive research on what works to increase marginalized girls’ learning outcomes, retention, and wellbeing. We put girls at the center of our programs and work with governments, schools and communities to build a supportive environment for them. At the individual level, CARE helps girls to develop their academic competencies, leadership and life skills. At the community level, we work with parents and community members to shift negative gender and social norms affecting education outcomes, increasing support for girls’ education and strengthening participatory accountability in school management. At the system level, we work with Ministries of Education and school staff to improve the quality of teaching, strengthen supervisory capacity, and develop gender-transformative and inclusive policies and budgeting.
- Updated team filing structure
- Updated document management guide
- Input to team publications, including the Education Team newsletter and potential contribution to briefs for external publication
- Upload documents to CARE Shares site
- Create and maintain list of documents on CARE Shares
- Assist with the development of a cohesive digital file management structure
- Document file management structure processes
- Update and maintain CARE Shares site
- Support communication, marketing, and knowledge management and other visibility efforts for the Education Team
- Meeting and conference planning and support
- Update project briefs
- Other as-needed tasks
- Undergraduate or master’s student
- High Verbal and Writing Proficiency
- Knowledge of SharePoint and/or other CRMs a must.
- Background in education, international development, gender studies, communications, and/or public health preferred.