This summer, the Metro Atlanta Arts & Culture Coalition (MAACC), along with the Atlanta Opera and SouthArts will be delivering educational and networking opportunities for students of all majors interning in the Atlanta area! The first event is tomorrow, Tuesday, June 21. All students are invited! Below is more info on the program:
The Emerging Arts Leaders of Atlanta (EALA) Summer Intern Program is Back! The program provides all sorts of development opportunities and is totally free! This summer MAACC’s EALA programs are again going to be run in partnership with the Atlanta Opera, as well as a variety of other great local partners including Emory’s Ethics and the Arts.
June 21, 2011 5:30 PM – TOMORROW
The June 21, 2011 Meeting will have 4 panelists discuss what you should be thinking about delivering in an intern program, what interns should be expecting out of an intern program, and what happens when those two ships pass in the night without noticing each other. This is a fantastic panel for interns, those who manage intern programs, and those who avoid bringing in interns for fear of not properly managing them. This is also a great event for interns to attend to meet interns at other cultural organizations, and to see what they should be expecting, and then hold your feet to the fire to deliver a great intern experience. Please RSVP to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Where? Emory University, 1531 Dickey Drive, Atlanta 30322 in Room 162
Parking: The Peavine Parking Deck is free after 5pm, and is located at P-6 on the map at this link Dickey Drive where the meeting is located is right across the street. www.arts.emory.edu/village/map.html
Dr. Edward Queen
Director, D. Abbott Turner Program In Ethics and Servant Leadership
Director, Human Resources
Atlanta Convention & Visitors Bureau
Accounting, Advisory and Assurance Services Group
Smith & Howard LLC
Learn more about the Emerging Leaders national program here:
Other Summer Intern/Emerging Arts Leaders Events:
June 30: The Audition (Movie Screening) @ The Atlanta Opera Offices
July 21: Atlantic Station Free Movie – The King’s Speech @ Atlantic Station
July 19: Emerging Arts Leaders of Atlanta “Job Hunt Panel”
July 28: Willk Wonka (Movie Screening) @ The Atlanta Opera Offices
August 23: Emerging Arts Leaders of Atlanta “Summer Cook-Out”
August 25: Amadeus (Movie Screening) @ The Atlanta Opera Offices
September 20: Emerging Arts Leaders of Atlanta “Mentor Match Kick-Off”
Braves Game: TBA
Networking with Executive Directors: TBA
About EALA: This free program provides development and networking opportunities:
- Monthly networking meet-ups for EALA members to get together to discuss timely issues in the field of arts administration, often with guest speakers and reports provided in advance.
- Members can choose take part in a quarterly book club reading current arts related material (The Creative Class, A Whole New Mind, etc).
- Every October MAACC hosts a Creative Conversations meeting, an opportunity for young leaders to take part in educational sessions with established arts professionals.
- MAACC created over 40 mentor matches in 2010, and will soon be releasing information about the 2011 mentor program, connecting established arts leaders with those EALA members.
- MAACC is also working on a program to expand current EALA member opportunities by connecting these emerging professionals with alumni members of our successful Arts Leaders of Metro Atlanta (ALMA) program, composed of executive-level corporate, civic, government and arts leaders who are taking active steps to learn about issues and challenges facing the region’s arts and culture community.