Established in 1951, IOM is the leading intergovernmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. With 174 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people.
IOM works in the four broad areas of migration management:
- Migration and development
- Facilitating migration
- Regulating migration
- Forced migration.
IOM activities that cut across these areas include the promotion of international migration law, policy debate and guidance, protection of migrants’ rights, migration health and the gender dimension of migration. IOM’s regional office in Washington, DC, coordinates with offices in North America and the Caribbean and serves as a liaison with United States Government counterparts, Government of Canada counterparts, IOM offices around the world, along with other international and non-governmental organizations.
INTUS10-2022-05 External Relations and Comms Intern – Deadline 1 December 2022;
- To apply: please send your CV and cover letter to IOMDCVN@iom.int;
- Stipend available: Min $725 – Max $1400
When sending your candidacy, you must:
- Use the following subject line in your subject email. VNXXXX_LAST NAME, First Name
- Include a cover letter which must state if you are an internal or external candidate and your current legal status in the US and confirm if you hold any of the following documents:
- Social Security Card; and
- US citizenship: or
- Green Card;
Click here to find more information about IOM and full application instructions.