Candid is an international nonprofit organization that connects people who want to implement positive change in the world with the resources they need to put their plans into action. Candid’s data tools on nonprofits, foundations, and grants are the most comprehensive in the world. They are seeking a resourceful, creative, conscientious, and detail-oriented intern to work closely with the Candid Data Science team to address problems in natural language processing. This intern will work up to 19 hours per week, during the hours of 9 am to 5 pm during the fall semester. The location for this internship is flexible. Interns can work remotely, or once their offices reopen, in Williamsburg, VA or New York, NY. Interns will receive $15 per hour.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Ability to develop in Python and to work with mathematical computing libraries.
- Ability to identify and engineer features for supervised and semi-supervised machine learning tasks.
- Work within an Agile development framework.
- Work closely with Product Teams to understand the “definition of done”.
- Pursuing a degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, or a related field.
- Basic understanding of common machine learning algorithms, and a desire to learn more.
- Knowledge of Python.
- Knowledge of mathematical computing libraries for Python, such as NumPy, is a plus.
- Professional, positive attitude.
- Willingness to perform other duties and special projects as needed/requested.
- Sensitivity and respect for racial, gender, sexual orientation, and cultural differences.
- Champions and represents Candid’s core values: We’re driven, direct, accessible, curious, and inclusive.
- Speaking proficiency in Spanish or French is a plus.
For more information and to apply, click here.