The Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) is a leading nonprofit organization, research center, and publisher. CFR works to increase America’s understanding of the world and contributing ideas to U.S. foreign policy. CFR is seeking interns for the coming fall 2021 semester. The opportunity is paid and interns are required to work 14-18 hours per week. Fall semester internships will be operating on a fully remote basis.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Participation in the day-to-day operations of an online news and analysis website
- Providing support in editing and production of pieces for the website, including research and photo selections
- Assist with updating and curating topic pages
- Assist with transcribing interviews
- Provide support for content dissemination and marketing
- Track upcoming news and update the editorial calendar
- Stage editing CFR.org content
- Perform taxonomy work across CFR.org
- Write at least one In Brief for CFR.org
- Assisting with research for cfr.org backgrounders, timelines, interactive multimedia projects, publications, and podcasts
- Undergraduate or graduate student focusing on Journalism, Communications, Economics, International Relations, History, or Political Science
- All applicants should have completed the equivalent of four semesters of college coursework (not including AP classes in high school) by the time they begin an internship
- Previous on-campus work or internship experiences in writing and/or editing
- Familiarity with web-based research, and ability to transcribe interviews quickly
- Excellent writing, copyediting, and fact-checking skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Additional language skills useful, but not required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, basic HTML, Google Docs, and Adobe publishing
For more information and to apply, click here.