The Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) is a non-profit organization that works to provide strategic insights and practical policy solutions to lawmakers. CSIS’s Office of External Relations (ER) seeks highly motivated candidates for a full-time, paid internship this coming fall 2021 semester.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Support social media efforts, including drafting content (including short videos) from CSIS materials (publications, events, etc.) for various social media channels
- Support with metrics and analytics compilation;
- Support various long term projects (outreach research, proposal writing, data gathering) for the ER team and Chief Communications Officer;
- Monitor CSIS social media channels, tracking followers, engagement, and site referrals;
- Prepare media advisories and event announcements;
- Support with event preparation and staffing;
- Draft and format ER mailings, and support accuracy of mailing lists;
- Provide general administrative support to the full ER team.
- Bachelors’ degree in a relevant field;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to provide strong customer service;
- Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail and the ability to prioritize, track, and accomplish multiple tasks simultaneously in a dynamic and fast-paced environment;
- General knowledge of international affairs and an interest in the news cycle.
- Previous communication experience and familiarity with social media analytics a plus.
For more information and to apply, click here.