CEISMC is seeking education interns for this upcoming fall semester. Interns will work with the Excel at Georgia Tech program and GT Pre-Teaching Advising to practice curriculum development, lesson plan creation, co-teaching of courses, and other academic-related responsibilities. The internship requires 10-15 hours per week, but those who work up to 19 can audit 3 credit hours by registering their internship. All interns are paid an hourly rate, and paid training will being August 16, 2021, and the final day of the internship is December 7, 2021.
The deadline to apply for this position is August 1, 2021.
- Planning curriculum and lessons
- Assisting with the teaching and grading of EXCEL Courses
- Helping students with coursework outside of the classroom setting
- Working with students to support the development of their social and independent living skills
- Undergraduate student, of any major
- Highly motivated to learn more about teaching and curriculum development
- Demonstrated commitment to the education and development of students with I/DD
For any additional questions, contact Ashley McKeen at email@example.com with the subject line “Education internship.”
To apply, applicants should send their resume and a brief cover letter explaining their qualifications and interest to Ashley McKeen at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Education internship” by August 1, 2021.
Interviews for qualified candidates will occur the week of August 2, 2021.