Foreign Brief is an Australian-based geopolitical assessment start-up whose publications focus on current global developments in the political, economic, and security areas and linking these developments with long-term trends. They work to provide insight into geopolitics by providing accurate analysis. They are seeking a part-time intern to serve as a geopolitical research analyst with a focus on one of the target regions: Latin America and the Caribbean, or the Middle East and North Africa. This opportunity will operate fully remotely and is unpaid.
The deadline to apply is August 1, 2021.
- Produce two 200-word articles per week covering relevant geopolitical events
- Participate in meetings and training with other analysts
- Provide feedback to technical teams working on publication platforms
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong critical thinking abilities and communication skills
- A well-developed understanding of geopolitics within the region of focus
- A solid grasp of the open-source landscape
- Availability to conduct research and write articles throughout the week
- Ability to consistently hit short- and long-term deadlines
- Interest in geopolitics, international relations, or risk assessment, and proficiency (i.e. ability to read a newspaper) in the language of the target region is preferred.
To apply for this opportunity submit a CV and writing sample (non-academic preferred) to firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about Foreign Brief and read recent publications, click here.