The majority staff of the House Foreign Affairs Subcommittee on Asia, the Pacific, Central Asia, and Nonproliferation seeks a part-time, paid Asia Policy Fellow for Fall 2021. The position begins in September or October 2021, with a possible duration of up to four months. The subcommittee seeks candidates who can commit to working a minimum of two full-time days per week. The position is compensated through a weekly stipend.
- Support the subcommittee staff in researching and preparing materials for subcommittee hearings
- Prepare for the Chairman’s meetings with foreign government officials and other activities
- Assist in developing policy and oversight materials, including but not limited to oversight letters, speech writing, and resolution drafting, as needed.
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Familiarity with the Indo-Pacific
- A background in U.S. policy toward China, particularly in economics and supply chain issues, is preferred.
- Team players, self-starters, and should thrive in a fast-paced environment.
The subcommittee is an equal opportunity employer. The office does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or uniformed service. The office is committed to inclusion and encourages all individuals from all backgrounds to apply.
To apply please send a cover letter, resume, and a 2-4 page writing sample to APCANBera.Applications@gmail.com.