The House Foreign Affairs Subcommittee on the Western Hemisphere, Civilian Security, Migration and International Economic Policy – chaired by Congressman Albio Sires (D-NJ) – is seeking one full-time intern for Fall 2021. The legislative intern will work closely with subcommittee staff while learning the inner workings of Congress and the legislative process. The internship is a U.S.-based remote eligible position beginning as soon as possible in September.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Providing administrative and research support to staff
- Assisting with subcommittee hearings and briefings,
- Attending virtual events and writing memorandum for staff, among other administrative and research assignments
- Undergraduate or graduate school students and recent alumni interested in foreign affairs and Western Hemisphere policy are encouraged to apply.
- Enthusiastic, professional, hard-working, and detail-oriented,
- Strong writing and communication skills
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Spanish, French, or Portuguese proficiency is preferred but not required.
Qualified applicants should send a one-page resume and cover letter to WHEMjobs@gmail.com with the subject line “Fall 2021 Internship Application.” and please be sure to include your preferred start and end date.
Minorities, women, and LGBTQIA+ individuals, and those with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. No calls or drop-ins.