Kroll is one of the top providers of services and digital products related to valuation, governance, risk, and transparency. Built on the strength and equity of our legacy brands, we are an independent advisory firm with nearly 5,000 professionals in 30 countries and territories around the world. They are seeking an intern to join their Compliance Risk and Diligence team. Interns must be available to work a minimum of 20 hours per week on a consistent basis at their office in Morristown, NJ.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Interns support the overall research and due diligence process at the company. Interns will be exposed to due diligence practices used globally to mitigate the impact of fraud and corruption. We place a high value on our talent and seek candidates with a high level of conscientiousness, integrity, and professional pride.
- Conduct extensive Internet and media-based research regarding both companies and individuals in English
- Assist in gathering information that will enable Kroll clients to form an assessment of the status, legitimacy, general background and overall reputation of a given subject company and its main principals
- Review gathered information, analyze extensively, then compile into written summary reports
- Currently pursuing undergraduate or graduate degree at an accredited university majoring in Finance, Accounting, Economics, International Relations/Affairs, Regional Studies, Political Science, Criminal Justice, or other related areas of study
- Extremely strong writing skills, including the ability to quickly and effectively summarize information from multiple sources into concise analytical assessments
- Ability to prioritize several projects and assignments on multiple topics while meeting tight deadlines
- Knowledge and understanding of the cryptocurrency market, who the major players are, and what the next trends will be
- A passion for research and uncovering the unknown about cryptocurrency actors and threats
- Investigative analysis and tracing of assets with an understanding of financial fraud
- Being a self-starter and a self-directed team player who is well-versed in the domains of agile processes and continuous improvement
- Proactively following and contributing understanding of the cryptocurrency landscape and conducting research on the latest trends Russian, Chinese, or Arabic language skills, particularly reading and writing, are preferred but not required
- Ability to multitask while in a fast environment while still operating with a high level of attention to detail
- Experience with programming or scripting languages such as Python or SQL is preferred but not required
- Fluency/proficiency in a foreign language (written and reading) is highly desired, especially in Chinese, Japanese or Korean
For more information and to apply, click here.