The National Committee on American Foreign Policy organizes educational and informational programs and conferences on foreign policy. Furthermore, its projects and initiatives host off-the-record Track 1 ½ and II conferences between both former and current officials, subject matter experts, and scholars in order to enable candid conversations on the most pressing security challenges facing the United States. They are seeking an intern to aid in their endeavors. Interns will work an average of 8-15 hours per week from September through December. At the moment this opportunity is functioning remotely, but there is a possibility that the selected candidate make be asked to undertake responsibilities with their New York Office.
Applications for this opportunity are accepted on a rolling basis.
- Drafting and proofreading communications materials and/or marketing materials and content for the NCAFP’s social media channels including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Administrative duties, including updating office documents, maintaining an accurate master list of contacts for the office, researching subject matter experts relevant to the work of the organization, preparing for internal and external meetings.
- Engaging in prospect research and other fundraising-related activities.
- Providing preparation and day-of assistance for virtual public events, briefings, and conferences.
- Must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program at an accredited university
- Have previous office experience; editorial experience a plus
- Able to multitask and maintain attention to detail
- Strong writing, communication, critical reasoning, research, and essential computer skills
- Knowledge of foreign policy and national security issues
- Self-Starter, reliable, flexible good-natured, and outgoing
- Familiarity with Canva or other design/editing programs welcomed but not required.
Submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “NCAFP Intern” in the subject line.
For more information, click here.