The Stimson Nuclear Safeguards Program (NSP) provides an internship with the opportunity to gain experience in nuclear ono-proliferation, nuclear materials security, and control. The main goal of the NSP is to examine the resiliency of the verification system that underpins the nuclear non-proliferation regime. Internship opportunities include an independent project, presentation, feature article on the website, and the contribution of analysis-driven content to program projects. Although virtual, the Nuclear Safeguards team prioritizes providing networking opportunities and professional development experiences to the intern, including participating in program meetings with international security experts and setting up one-to-one informational interviews. Stimson interns are encouraged to attend both internal and external events, such as nuclear-related events, non-proliferation forums, and resume-building workshops.
The deadline to apply for this opportunity is August 2, 2021.
- Research, writing, analysis, and editing for NSP publications
- Coordination of NSP events
- Representing Stimson at meetings and related events
- Administrative support
- Open to students of all levels; graduate students are particularly encouraged to apply
- Interest in multidisciplinary and innovative solutions to nuclear proliferation challenges
- Strong research, writing, and editing skills
- Commitment to high-quality work
- Flexible to work independently or with a team
- Must be available to work a minimum of 20 hours per week; full-Time availability preferred
- Additional language skills preferred
- Experience in nuclear issues preferred
For more information and to apply, click here.