UN Women works towards the elimination of the discrimination that women and girls face around the world. They want to empower women and work to achieve equality between men and women as partners and beneficiaries of development and human rights. The intern will work within the UN Women Security and Safety Services Anual Work Plan (AWP) to provide direct coordination and support to the development of output while scoping internal UN program delivery security requirements. This internship will begin August 2nd, 2021 at the New York duty station and the contract will last for 6 months. Those who are in need of financial support will receive a stipend to partially cover the cost of living during the duration of the internship.
The deadline to apply for this opportunity is July 1, 2021, at 11:59 pm EST.
- Liaise and coordinate with appropriate units, divisions, and sections internally, utilizing all available mediums;
- Liaise and coordinate with the UN Department of Safety and Security and UNSMS partners specializing in security information;
- Support the development of gender orientated security information, coordination, and communication materials;
- Support the development of communication campaigns, establishing cohesive and coordinated channels of communication to reach and influence key audiences;
- Create communication products (flyers, presentations, graphics, videos, multimedia materials);
- Actively participate in the UNSMS Strategic Communications Working Group on behalf of UN Women;
- Liaise and coordinate with appropriate external bodies;
- Liaise and coordinate with all interested parties with regard to identified educational materials.
- Must be one of the following: final year of Bachelor’s degree program, have graduated with a Bachelor’s degree within one year prior to the start of the internship, enrolled in a graduate school program, or enrolled in a postgraduate professional traineeship program as part of a degree program
- Excellent communications skills in English required; Working knowledge of another UN language is an advantage
- Approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Offers new and different options to solve problems;
- Excellent IT skills
- Graphic design and video editing skills are an asset;
- Familiarity with gender issues and the UN system is an asset;
- Self-starter; organized; able to multitask and balance multiple responsibilities.
For more information and to apply, click here.