Valens Global provides analysis, strategies, and innovative solutions that anticipate and address complex and critical threats to people, businesses, and organizations. They are seeking an intern to work with the Analysis Division on a project focused on domestic violent extremism. They are seeking a candidate with the ability to work under pressure and stay on top of deadlines. The intern will be required to work 20+ hours weekly in a remote setting.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Research and draft polished, well-organized, and thoughtful reports.
- Conduct link analysis and network mapping of domestic extremist groups and individuals.
- Conduct research consulting a wide range of open-source materials, including primary and secondary sources and social media data.
- Think creatively and brainstorm new products with the team
- Demonstrated experience working in research.
- Strong critical thinking and analytic skills.
- Strong skills in interpersonal communication, organization, and working as part of a team
- Familiarity with domestic violent extremism, particularly the white supremacist movement
The following materials are required:
- Cover letter. Don’t just tell us about your resume. Tell us who you are, why you want this internship, and why you have grit.
- Resume or CV. Let us know every job you have ever had. Feel free to include volunteering opportunities too, if you think they give you a better sense of who you are.
- Highlight not only your responsibilities but also obstacles you had to overcome at each position you held.
- Two references. Note: We are not looking for letters of recommendation, but rather people willing to serve as a reference for your qualifications who would be happy to talk to us about your candidacy.
- Two writing samples, preferably drawn from your university coursework.
- One should be brief (5 pages or less) and display the applicant’s ability to convey complicated information concisely and clearly.
- The second sample should be longer (at least 10 pages) to showcase the applicant’s ability to conduct in-depth, nuanced research. Both samples should include all relevant footnotes or citations.
- Neither of the writing samples should be co-authored or
- Unofficial transcript copy.
Please send all application materials in a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view a pdf of the full job listing, click here.