We are now accepting internship applications for fall 2022. Applications are due August 5, and interns will work with Global Americans from late August to late November 2022, depending on availability. Global Americans internships are unpaid, and interns can work part-time and full-time.
All Global Americans internships are virtual, offering interns the opportunity to continue taking classes or work concurrently. Interns may be recent graduates or currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program. In the past we have had interns volunteer from the United States, Latin America, Europe, and the Caribbean.
Applicants should send a PDF with their cover letter, resume, and a one-page writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 5. Please title the PDF and the email with the following format: “Firstname Lastname – Fall 2022” (for example, “María López Rodríguez – Fall 2022”). Note the number of hours per week you would be available to work, as well as your planned start and end dates, in your cover letter and email. We will respond within a week to qualified candidates with an invitation to interview.
We evaluate candidates on the basis of the following qualities:
- Demonstrated interest in politics, economics, journalism, and/or international relations in Latin America and the Caribbean
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Attention to detail
- Fluency in English is required.
- Working proficiency in either Spanish or Portuguese is a plus. Please demonstrate your language proficiency through the experiences in your application. For example, if you studied abroad, grew up speaking another language, or worked on a project that required you to read/write/speak in another language, you can note it in your resume or cover letter.
- Experience related to the Caribbean, Colombia, Venezuela, or Ecuador is a plus. Please indicate this experience in your application.
- Experience with social media, video/podcast editing, or graphic design is a plus. Please indicate these skills in your application.