The Center for Global Security Research (CGSR) was established at Lawerence Livermore National Laboratory in 1996 to bring together experts from the science, technology, and policy communities to address pressing national security challenges. Currently, they are seeking applications for their fall research associate program from graduate students and recent graduates who will join them to conduct US policy research and strategy development. This paid opportunity allows for employees to work remotely if they choose.
The deadline to apply is May 31, 2022.
- Support the CGSR organization through contributions to ongoing research activities. Tasks may include contributing to literature reviews, annotated bibliographies, and workshops and summary reports.
- Provide analysis to ongoing work, involving a moderate to high degree of technical and analytic complexity.
- Assisting in the planning and execution of workshops to support CGSR research efforts.
- Gather and analyze data and information in support of broader CGSR research efforts.
- Conduct an independent research project on an agreed upon topic aligned with CGSR research priorities.
- Participate in research planning and evaluation discussions with other members of the CGSR staff.
- Attend relevant research seminars, speakers’ series, and workshops.
- Present research to LLNL staff at end of the assignment.
- Prepare end-of-assignment technical report or publication.
- Perform all assignments in accordance with ES&H, security, and business practice requirements and policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited university and actively pursuing a graduate degree or have completed a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a field of research aligned with CGSR or LLNL analytic priorities.
- Demonstrated academic and/or professional achievement in a relevant field of research aligned with CGSR or LLNL analytic priorities.
- Strong record of independent research and publication, or a strong proposal of research to be done while at CGSR and in future academic and professional settings.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
For more information and to apply, click here.