The Center for Global Security Research (CGSR) was established at Lawerence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) to bring together experts from the science, technology, and policy communities to address pressing national security challenges. CGSR is seeking graduate students, and recent graduates to conduct practical research. Relevant fields of research include nuclear engineering, computational sciences, material science and engineering cybersecurity, interactive data mining, political science, and international relations.
The deadline to apply for this opportunity is August 13, 2021.
- Support the CGSR organization through contributions to ongoing research activities. Tasks may include literature reviews, annotated bibliographies, and contributions to workshops and summary reports.
- Provide analysis to ongoing work, involving a moderate to a high degree of complexity.
- May assist in the planning of one workshop to support the research effort.
- Gather and analyze data and information in support of research.
- Conduct an independent research project on an agreed-upon topic aligned with CGSR research priorities.
- Participate in research planning and evaluation discussions.
- Attend relevant seminars and/or conferences.
- Present research to LLNL staff at end of the assignment.
- May prepare an end-of-assignment technical report.
- Perform all assignments in accordance with ES&H, security, and business practice requirements and policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited university and actively pursuing a graduate degree or have completed a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mathematics, Bio-engineering, Psychology, Computer Science, Physical Science, Political Science, or International Relations.
- Demonstrated academic achievement in Mathematics, Bio-engineering Psychology, Computer Science, Political Science, or International Relations.
- Experience applying basic engineering or scientific principles to solve technical problems.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
For more information and to apply, click here.