About the Federal Jackets Fellowship
In the Georgia Tech Federal Jackets Fellowship (formerly the Georgia Tech D.C. Internship Program), you will work full time with a member of Congress, a Congressional committee, or an executive branch office in or around Washington, D.C. for approximately 10 weeks during summer, and 16 weeks during spring or fall.
You will secure your own internship based on your academic and personal interests. The Georgia Tech Career Center and the Office of Institute Relations are available to assist you with this process. Recent positions secured by Tech students include:
- NASA Science Mission Directorate
- White House Office of Science and Technology Policy
- White House Office of Communications
- Office of Congressman John Lewis
- USAID Bureau of Legislative and Public Affairs
- Department of Justice – Law and Policy Section
- Department of Health and Human Services – Office of the Chief Medical Officer
- be enrolled at Georgia Tech the semester following your internship
- open to both undergraduate and graduate students of all majors
- International students are eligible to apply for the Federal Jackets Fellowship; however, some federal offices only accept internship applications from citizens of the United States.
Things to Remember
- APPLICATION DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 9th
- The opportunity includes a $5,000 stipend in the summer or a $7,500 stipend in the spring or fall to offset expenses (housing, transportation, and living expenses).
Interested? Apply here.