The Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta’s Community and Economic Development (CED) Department is seeking two part‐time interns. This position works directly with the CED staff in support of projects related to foreclosure and neighborhood stabilization, small business development and finance, workforce development, and community development finance.
The CED Department has three primary objectives: enhance and support community capacity to
respond to local, regional and national challenges; conduct and disseminate research and analysis to better understand complex issues and inform policy discussions; and foster equitable solutions by elevating the interests of low‐ and moderate‐income people and communities.
As appropriate, the position also may offer the opportunity to learn about and participate in broader Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta activities.
Description of work:
• Writing and reviewing articles for Partners Update, an online publication
• Assisting in the development of surveys and survey analysis
• Analyzing data and reporting on various community and economic development issues
• Developing/maintaining contact databases
• Conducting literature reviews
• Assisting with preparations for and hosting of events, such as policy and research conferences
• Supporting long-term department strategic planning and performance evaluation
• Providing administrative support to CED
• Advanced undergraduate or graduate student in planning, public policy, urban or regional
economics, geography, business, or a related field
• Interest and coursework in community and/or economic development topics
• Strong skills in Excel, PowerPoint, and Access also required; SPSS knowledge would be useful
• Possesses excellent analytical, writing, and verbal communication skills
• Works well independently and with others in a team environment
• Thorough and detail‐oriented
• Demonstrates effective listening and questioning skills, and takes the initiative to suggest
approaches to complete projects
Please send a cover letter, resume, brief writing sample (2-4 pages), and contact information for at least two references via email to Karen Leone de Nie, email@example.com.