“Since 1985, the French American Chamber of Commerce-Atlanta Chapter is committed to the promotion and facilitation of business relations between France and the Southeast region of the USA. Through the efforts of its members, the FACC also develops and improves their economic, commercial and financial relations.
Duties and Responsibilities :
The Trade Attaché reports to the Executive Director and represents the Executive Director when needed.
The Trade Attaché needs to be versatile and resourceful in order to participate in the Chamber’s activities and daily management and is responsible for:
- Developing trade services and helping French companies in their business development in the Southeast by organizing individual meetings, introduction to trusted business partners, implementing virtual office.
- Motivating and encouraging interactions in the local French and American business community by developing contacts and alliances with local and international organizations or corporations that further Chamber goals.
- Ensuring that membership benefits are completely and satisfactorily provided to Chamber members and is in charge of generating new members.
- Assisting with overall organization of events and programming for the FACC.
· Competency in French and English with a working understanding of American and French business practices and customs.
· Previous experience in a Trade Department, Chamber of Commerce or company and some knowledge in the trade environment in the Southeast is a plus.
· Comfort with and willingness to work with Chamber membership, community leaders and general public to support the organization garner financial support and engage in activities associated with promoting French-American business, cultural and social relations.
- A willingness to work as part of a team emphasizing collegiality, mutual respect, communication and shared responsibilities.
- The ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities, with sometimes stressful deadlines.
- Ability to work independently handling crisis and last minute problems efficiently and with sound judgment.
- Strong organizational skills to ensure continuity in service with transition to successor.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint and Internet research skills.
- International business degree is preferred.
Note : The FACC is a 501(c)(6) non-profit organizations and so the Trade Attaché position is unpaid. Monthly stipend are offered to the successful candidate. The FACC is not able to sponsor a visa, therefore the candidate either doesn’t need a visa (US Citizen) or have a visa (example: F1)
Start date : Mid June for a minimum duration of 6 months.
Please send a cover letter and resume to services@facc-Atlanta.com“