The Future Leaders in Public Service Internship Program places students with critically needed skills into 10-12-week paid summer internships at the Departments of Transportation and Commerce. Candidates interested in several career tracks—including finance, public policy and administration, engineering, science, math, information technology and the liberal arts—are encouraged to apply. Applications for Summer 2023 are open until November 27, 2022. Apply here: https://gogovernment.org/fellowship/future-leaders-in-public-service-internship-program/apply-form/.
Selected participants in the program will receive:
- A 10-12 week summer internship at the Department of Commerce or the Department of Transportation.
- $4,000 to cover stipend and other expenses.
- Professional development sessions, including orientation and networking events throughout the summer.
To apply to the program, candidates must be:
- U.S. citizens at the time of application submission.
- Currently enrolled at an accredited educational institution in an undergraduate or graduate program. Undergraduates must be current second-year students/sophomores and above.
- Able to demonstrate superior academic achievement and have a GPA above 2.5.
- Interested in at least one of the following career tracks:
Students admitted to the program must successfully complete a background check before beginning the internship in June 2023.
Want to learn more about the Future Leaders in Public Service Internship Program?
Join us for a virtual information session this fall. Learn from program staff and alumni about the opportunity and how you can explore a rewarding career in federal government through an internship. Information session dates:
· Monday, November 14 from Noon-1pm ET
Please register here. Login details will be sent to those who register.