The Office of the Special Inspector General for Afganistan Reconstruction (SIGAR) is considering students for General Administrative and Office Services Intern positions within their Lessons Learned Program (LLP). The goal of the LLP is to identify key lessons from US involvement in Afghanistan, starting in 2001, and to make informed actionable recommendations to improve current and future reconstruction efforts. SIGAR interns are among the most highly paid in the Washington, DC area, earning between $28,959 – $60,129 a year, depending on education and experience As long as they remain enrolled in a degree program, interns are eligible to remain with SIGAR for up to a year and occasionally convert into full-time government employees. Due to the ongoing Covid-19 Pandemic, internships are likely to function remotely with a few exceptions during the onboarding process:
In-processing in SIGAR’s headquarters in Crystal City, VA
CAC card pick-up at the Pentagon.
Applications for this opportunity are accepted on a rolling basis.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Able to obtain a favorable NACI background investigation prior to appointment
- Registered in the Selective Service (as required)
- Actively enrolled as a part-time degree-seeking student (at minimum) at an accredited university
- Possess and maintain a 2.5 GPA or higher (on a 4.0 scale)
- Maintain student eligibility and enrollment throughout the duration of the internship. Those scheduled to graduate will remain eligible if they can provide proof of future enrollment in a degree program.
- Applicants must submit ALL of the following, or the application will not be considered:
- A cover letter which clearly states the following:
- Country of citizenship
- Anticipated graduation of current degree, or acceptance of future enrollment
- Directorate(s) of interest
- School transcripts
Applicants should email all documentation with “Student Employment Program” in the subject line to email@example.com. Selected students must undergo a NACI Background Investigation. The process may take up to 60 days.