The Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI) Internship is a valuable learning experience for college and university students pursuing a criminal justice or related degree. The program is administered by the GBI Office of Human Resources (OHR). The length of the internship is one semester as determined by the intern’s college or university, with the concurrence of the GBI OHR.
The program is open to full-time students currently classified as a junior or above interested in a criminal justice, forensic science, or related career who are currently pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree at an accredited college or university. Applicants must also meet the following criteria:
- U.S. citizen at least 18 years of age.
- In good academic standing with their college or university.
- Must be enrolled in school during the quarter or semester the student plans to intern.
- Recommended by their college or university to participate in the program.
Intern applicants must submit to the GBI Office of Human Resources prior to the semester in which the internship is to be served the following:
- Internship Application. Click the following link to access the application: Internship Application
- Internship Questionnaire. Click the following link to download the questionnaire: Internship Questionnaire
Failure to complete, sign and submit the above documents will delay the internship process.
Learn more about qualifications, job duties, and the hiring process at: https://gbi.georgia.gov/employment-opportunities/internship-program.