We are formally announcing that the Georgia Innovation Internship Summer applications are NOW being accepted! The application deadline is March 15, 2009 to give students some time to think about some interesting and innovative projects.
It is a good opportunity for students at Georgia universities to have mentored experiences in innovation economic development research. Students applying for this internship do not have to major in economic development to apply, but the projects must focus on innovative approaches to economic development.
Previous projects have included:
• Lighting Energy Efficiency Potential in Georgia: A Technology and Policy Assessment
• Telework and Telecommuting Programs within the Private Sector in Atlanta and Other Major US Cities
• Offshore Outsourcing and the Atlanta Economy
• Microalgae and Biodiesel Production: Opportunities for Georgia
• Creative Work in Savannah Georgia: Assessing the Technical and Artistic Climate in a Coastal City
• Hispanic Entrepreneurship: A Comparison of Two Georgia Cities
• Biomass as Feedstock for Biofuel and Bioproduct Industry: A Feasibility Study of Lignocellulose Ethanol Production in Georgia
• Leveraging Digital Music for Economic and Workforce Development in Georgia.
For more information, see www.stip.gatech.edu <http://www.stip.gatech.edu> or contact email@example.com.