The German American Chamber of Commerce of the Southern U.S., Inc. (GACC South) is a private, non-profit organization which serves as the official representative of German industry and trade in the Southern United States. Our main mission is to promote and support bilateral trade between Germany and the U.S.
We are seeking a highly motivated, full-time intern to gain hands-on experience using her/his business education in real-world applications. As an intern, you will participate in teamwork, direct client communications and day-to-day operations of the office.
Your training opportunities will include but are not limited to:
- Learning Recruitment processes: including application checking, scheduling appointments, telephone interviews, and preparation of detailed candidate profiles
- Support with employee relations projects
- Learning Benefits processes: including communication with insurance companies, onboarding information
- Assist with Front Desk duties
- Assist with broader Front Desk and Human Resources related activities and initiatives
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. (no visa sponsorship available)
- Bachelor’s (or equivalent) or higher degree in business, psychology, employment law, HR or related field
- Ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Understanding of prioritization and efficient allocation of time and resources
- Excellent communication and customer-service skills: Due to the large amount of communicating with clients and candidates involved with this position, Human Resources Intern must have a high interest in interpersonal communication and possess skills in this area
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively in a team-based and bilateral environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications
- Working knowledge of German language is a plus but not mandatory
- International experience (studies abroad, travel, etc.)
- HR experience
Start date: Spring 2018
Location: Atlanta, GA, USA
Compensation: Hourly non-exempt
How to apply: Please email your application to email@example.com.
Applications will only be considered with cover letter, resume and two letters of recommendation (German or English) attached.
Please specify the internship title “Human Resources Internship” in the subject line.