We are looking for a Global People Team Intern to join our team for 10 weeks this summer. This role will be hybrid from our Chicago or New York office location. The intern is expected to be in office approximately 3 days/ week. We are looking for an individual that is action-oriented, loves helping people, and ready to play a vital role within the People Team.
The People Team Intern should possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, the ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and prioritize appropriately. They should be able work well in a fast environment under pressure and possess strong follow-up and creative problem-solving skills, with the ability to quickly respond to inquiries.
Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, keen attention to detail, ability to handle confidential information, and ability to interact with all levels of staff is critical. Interest and familiarity with the field of human resources through past coursework and/or other internships is desirable.
- The People Team intern will have the opportunity to assist with the redesign and rollout of our Performance Management process, including annual review, global goal setting and, development goal setting. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Learning & Development:
- Support any design & coordination of L&D programming to support managers and employees with Performance Management, as requested by Talent manager(s), Talent SVP, and leaders
- Help create onboarding supplementary materials to explain our performance management programming and the software system used to facilitate goal setting and reviews.
- HR Process & Procedures:
- Supporting the global benefits benchmarking and inventory process.
- Devise templates within the performance management system for annual performance management, goal setting, mid year check in meetings, and promotion requests.
- Learn to be a super user of our performance management platforms, with the ability to pull and run reports.
- Provide metrics and data using pivot tables and charts in a way that tells a story.
- Draft communications and reminders for calendar of events affecting all employees from performance management to compensation planning and payments.
- Work closely with People Partners in all markets to ensure solutions are tailored to both regional and market needs.
- Draft presentations to convey results and deliver with compelling design and narrative.
- Partner closely with external vendors to understand the systems that support our processes.
- Help facilitate subject matter expert training to the global people partners, to ensure Center of Excellence strategy and instruction are followed consistently.
- Tracking of activities and trainings rolling out from the global People team to the regional and local people team and employees.
Additional Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Demonstrate professional behaviors and pursuit of excellence in all endeavors
- Communicate with employees effectively, serving as an ambassador of the Edelman brand, while living the firm’s core values
- Take ownership of the work and see projects through within designated deadlines
- Support internship program activities, such as intern program administration, college career fairs, etc.
- Perform miscellaneous duties for projects as assigned by the Talent team
- 0-6 months’ work experience or internship in human resources or a related field or equivalent military experience
- Must be a rising senior or pursuing a post-graduate degree program with an anticipated graduation date of December 2023, Spring 2024, or Winter 2024.
- Pursuing BS/BA/MA in a related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Interest in innovative HR in a professional services environment
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize effectively
- Ability to quickly respond to inquiries with sound judgment
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience working with a human resources information system (HRIS) like Oracle/PeopleSoft preferred, but not required
Additional Information :
- The intern hourly rate is $18/ hour
- The intern is expected to work a full-time schedule (40 hours/ week) for the duration of the week internship
- The internship will begin on Monday, June 5th and end on Friday, August 10th
- Edelman does not provide any form of housing reimbursement
- Only candidates who are authorized to work in the United States will be considered