ConnCAN is seeking highly motivated, talented, and intelligent interns to work on its government relations and political affairs team. These interns will work with the Director of Government Relations and Political Affairs. Interns will research and work on the many issues facing Education as they are related to state policy and legislation. Interns will attend meetings and hearings at the Legislative Office Building and at the Capitol located in Hartford, CT. They will attend meetings,provide research, and support day-to-day initiatives and long-term strategies of ConnCAN. The position will be based in Hartford, CT and potentially require travel to New Haven, CT.
- Primarily provide support to the Director of Government Relations and Political Affairs
- Research and provide analysis on education related legislation
- Monitor and track legislative committees and legislation
- Assist with government relations projects as assigned
Qualifications & Experience
- A practical and proactive problem-solver who possesses strong business acumen and is confident, mature and calm under fire. Must be able to juggle multiple priorities and tasks in a fast paced environment, but be focused when needed on the matter at hand
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills, and leadership skills
- Strong and demonstrated research skills
- Must be able to work effectively both independently and with a team
- Of the highest degree of personal and professional integrity and ethics
- Current or recently graduated undergraduate/secondary school with a focus in political science, history or education
How to apply
All interested applicants please email a copy of their resume along with their contact information to Liam Sweeney at firstname.lastname@example.org.