“Are you interested in working with nonprofits? Learning about philanthropy? Through an internship with GuideStar, you will learn more about the nonprofit sector and fundraising while gaining on-the-job training and experience. This part-time, paid position, based in Washington, DC, offers the chance to work on a variety of projects directly related to increasing and diversifying the financial support for GuideStar. GuideStar is committed to working with you to ensure that the experience is practical and career building. We are happy to work with you and your advisors if you would prefer to receive college credit for your work.
Support GuideStar’s Philanthropic Relations team in the areas of prospect research, donor engagement, and grants management. This is a hands-on opportunity, reporting to GuideStar’s Development Associate.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working closely with the Philanthropic Relations team, create pipeline of prospective foundation funders/members.
- Utilize various online tools and internal resources to conduct prospect research, identify top prospects based on alignment with GuideStar and foundation priorities.
- Create detailed prospect profiles from research.
- Work with the GuideStar’s Development team in the formation of cultivation and solicitation strategies for prospects.
- Data entry in Salesforce, GuideStar’s customer relationship management system.
- Assist with social media campaigns through HubSpot platform.
- Increase knowledge and understanding of the nonprofit sector through participation in ongoing webinar series offered by GuideStar.
- Self-starter with interest in the nonprofit sector and philanthropy
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and handle high-detail, deadline-sensitive projects with professional quality
- Team player attitude, demonstrated by being flexible and responsible as well as being a self-starter
- Working knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with online research tools
- True dedication to the internship, and a commitment to excelling in all endeavors
- Minimum semester-commitment, with possibility to extend
Who is eligible?
Current undergraduate, graduate college students, or recent graduates are eligible for the internship program. To qualify, you must be pursuing or have recently pursued a degree, certificate, or diploma (full time or part time); at least two years of college required. You also need to be in good academic standing at your school and a U.S. citizen.
What are the benefits?
- Hands-on fundraising experience
- Flexible work schedule
- Students may qualify for credit towards degree requirements
To apply, please email Erin DeSandro at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter explaining interest, dates of availability, and any specific interests in fundraising, philanthropy, and the nonprofit sector
Join our team today!
GuideStar USA Inc. is EEO/AA/VET/DISABLED Employer.”