Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) works towards creating a better future for families in need and in their efforts have built more than 1-million houses in nearly 100 countries. Providing simple, decent, and affordable shelter to all is their goal, and the majority of their current work is dedicated to meeting the demand for adequate and affordable housing and infrastructure in urban areas. The International Housing Programs intern will support their Global Urban Approach by working directly with the programs director and other staff in HFHI’s Design and Implementation Team.
This program is located in Atlanta, GA and the internship will run for one year from the hire date. The intern will be required to work 3-5 days per week averaging 20-29 hours per week. Pay is as follows: undergraduate students earning $15/hr and graduate students earning $17/hr.
Applications for this opportunity will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position has been filled.
- Continue to research urban trends and best practice to support the refinement of the Global Urban Approach and design and implementation of urban programs
- Assist National Offices in the creation and adoption of comprehensive urban programming that aligns with the Global Urban Approach
- Support the urban leadership team, a small group of urban practitioners from across the Habitat federation, in meetings and coordination
- Manage and consolidate information in the Urban Community of Practice Teams Site
- Support with sector representation; and Manage the Teams site – documenting case studies, sharing relevant documents, updating relevant urban documents, etc.
- Current undergraduate or graduate student
- Understanding of international development and related policies
- Ability to conduct research
- Exceptional writing, editing, and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- International, urban, and/or housing experience preferred
For more information and to apply, click here.